Haggart Observatory Public Nights
Through a partnership with Clackamas Community College, the Rose City Astronomers (RCA) maintain the Haggart Observatory located at the John Inskeep Environmental Learning Center on the CCC campus in Oregon City. To offer the public a unique opportunity to access this rare community resource, RCA opens the observatory on "Public Nights" to members of the general public. Upcoming 2015 Public Nights are:
- July 24 CANCELLED
- August 7 @ 9:00 p.m. - Midnight
- August 8 @ 9:00 p.m. - Midnight
- September 5 @ 8:30 p.m. - 11:30 p.m.
- October 3 @ 7:30 p.m. - 10:30 p.m.
- November 7 @ 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- December 5 @ 5:30 - 8:30 p.m.
On most Public Nights RCA members will also set telescopes up in a nearby parking lot for guests to look through before and after their trip up to the Observatory.
Please NOTE: call 503-594-6044 Option 1 after 3:00 p.m. on the day of the event for a recorded announcement about the status of the night's event. Scheduled Public Nights might be cancelled on account of:
- Poor sky conditions - generally any forecast for skys that are not at least "mostly clear".
- A lack of volunteers to open and coordinate the event.
- Other circumstances affecting the safety of RCA volunteers and visiting guests.